Skip to main content

Enrollment FAQ

What documents are needed to enroll?

All students are required to have the following documents:

  • Birth certificate, passport, certificate of live birth or other valid evidence of birth date
  • Immunization record. Families who do not immunize may complete the California Schools Immunization Record and leave the shot portion blank.
  • Proof of Residency. This will be verification of a service to the home address listed on your application. Some examples of acceptable proof of residency include: utility bill dated within 60 days, vote-by-mail ballot, mortgage statement, signed rental agreement.

Additional documents, if applicable:

  • IEP or 504 Plan
  • High School Transcripts: Unofficial or Official (10th-12th and 9th grade transfer students only)

How do I know my student has been enrolled?

You will receive a successful enrollment email sent to you and your teacher once your enrollment is processed.

How is Personalized Learning personalized and what is the benefit of Instructional Funds?

Personalized Learning occurs as a result of mutual respect between the Parent, who home schools the student, and a caring, supportive credentialed teacher. Every student is allocated a budget of Instructional Funds that can be spent on the student’s specific learning needs, under the approval of their teacher. Funds are paid directly to curriculum vendors and service providers.

Instructional Funds can be used to navigate an authentic and dynamic personalized learning pathway by paying for computers, high quality curriculum, tutoring, and enrichment activities.

How do I withdraw my student from this school?

All withdrawal requests must be forwarded to your HST (Homeschool Teacher), not to Enrollment. Your HST will complete a Withdrawal Survey that is later submitted to the Records Department.

What is your Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Policy?

Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year Kindergarten program. Students must be 5-years-old between September 2, 2019 and February 28, 2020 to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.

What is your Kindergarten Policy?

Students entering Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year must be 5-years-old on or before September 1, 2019.

How do I learn more about programs offered?

You can learn more about our programs by contacting your local Family Liaison. Enter your zip code or use the map above to see your Family Liaison's contact information.

Who can I contact on field trips, local events in my community, and more detailed information on specific programs and homeschooling?

Our Family Liaisons have information on all our school events and can best assist with questions on the homeschooling process and the specific needs of your student. Enter your zip code or use the Enrollment Map to see your Family Liaison's contact information.

Who should I contact for questions on enrolling a Special Education student?

Please visit for more information on our Special Education Department or call (626) 594-1717.

What happens after I apply?

Within 5 business days, an Enrollment Specialist will email you once the application has been processed or if updates are required.

My student was enrolled! How do I get my student’s records from the previous school?

Once your student is enrolled, our Records Department will request your student’s cumulative file from the previous school. We do recommend that you do NOT disenroll your student from their current school until you have signed the Master Agreement and a Homeschool Teacher has contacted you.

What devices / browsers should I use to complete the enrollment application?

We recommend using a Windows or Mac computer to complete your application. Our application is not supported by mobile browsers at this time - iPhone / iPad / Android devices cannot be used.

Please use one of the following browsers to complete your application: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.